Monday, August 29, 2016

Shelter in the Storm

Have you ever been over-whelmed? I think all of us have at some point and if you haven't, you need to get out more! When we are in this state of mind there is a desire to just throw up our hands and run away from it all. (I have been there more times than I can count.) This is often a call from God to run to Him. In Psalm 55:6-8 we read these words, "Oh, that I would have wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest---I would flee far away and stay in the desert. I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm." There are times that we do need to get away...to our shelter; not to escape but to refresh and readjust our thinking. In our busy world we often do not take the time for rest and reflection and therefore we continue to be stressed and over-whelmed. You cannot not do this! It is imperative for victory over your trials. These escape times might be for days, hours or even little mini-mind retreats throughout your day. It is a time to refocus. Today, if you are in that mind-set, escape for awhile to the shelter of the Almighty. Let Him hold you in quiet until you are once again ready for the storm.

No comments: