Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18th

I have a confession to make. I love to sew but since high school I have only bought patterns that did not require a zipper. In home ec. I could never put in a zipper and somehow in my mind, I thought I would never ever be able to. Yesterday, because of my grandson wanting a Ninja costume, (which required a zipper) I put one in. It was easy. My point? Often after a failure we tend to avoid things thinking we will never be able to do the task. What I had forgotten was that I had learned from my former mistake and had grown because of it. Don't miss out on the great things in life because of your past. God is there to move you forward into His purposes. My sewing world has opened to wonderful zippered outfits...oh what I have been missing. Does your world need opening up? Try something you fear and see what God will do!!

No comments: