Sunday, July 17, 2016

July 17

Lots of things going on in the world! Have you noticed? It is easy to get distracted and even discouraged---maybe even afraid! My son reminds me often that this is not even close to how bad the world has been in the past. When I read OT history I know he is right. BUT the thing is, it is happening to ME and my time! What I need to do is do what others in those dangerous times did: Remember the LORD Your God! I was drawn to 2 verses from Psalm 9 this morning: 10 "Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." and then 15 "The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug; their feet are caught in the net they have hidden." In the same Psalm, David acknowledged that even when things are really bad, God is there and he will NEVER forsake those who seek Him. Today, what are you seeking? What are you focusing on? Write the words in verse 10 on a notecard and put them in your heart today. Our God is in control.

No comments: