Thursday, April 16, 2009

Delayed Obedience...

For several years now, God has been asking me to do a "certain thing" but as usual, I over-thought the concept...figuring out why I should do it but also listing the reasons why it certainly could not have been God I heard. Finally, however, I obeyed and it has been incredible. Of course, being an over-thinker, I then began to wonder what would have happened had I obeyed from the get-go. I was reminded of Lucy's conversation with Aslan in Prince Caspian. Briefly, Lucy and her siblings had returned to the world of Narnia but found themselves in a "situation." While trying to figure out a solution, in the distance Lucy saw Aslan beckoning her to come to Him. The others, not seeing Aslan, began to mock Lucy and went the opposite way with Lucy following behind. After a day's struggle, tired and right where she began, Lucy once again saw Aslan. This time she ran to Him with wild excitement. She then began to offer excuses for her disobedience... She knew the truth, however, and began to question Aslan about what would have happened had she followed immediately. Alsan answers her with these words, "To know what would have happened, child? No. Nobody is ever told that. But anyone can find out what will happen!"

I have a choice to make. I can either live in the "right now", knowing I was finally obedient and bask in His blessings, or I can regret the months I missed. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to know what the right choice is!

Some of you understand exactly what I am saying. You blew it, too! Your obedience was delayed and you feel the guilt. The thing to do is obey Him now...move forward. I have learned, at least for today, that whenever I live this life the way He has asked me to, there is a great adventure ahead...no time for wondering about the "what-could-have-beens." He is ready and waiting with many, many "will be's!"

No comments: